This post covers all the software and series I’m using to create Parkhorse.
- Unreal Engine 5 – I’ve chosen Unreal for a couple of reasons. 1 I’ve always been impressed by the frame rate and lighting of demos I’ve seen, 2 I really like Blueprints to cover all the programming for the game.
- Blender – I’ve been playing with Blender on and off for many years and it’s the only 3D modelling software I’ve spent any time with. I’ve found the recent releases have made it way more accessible than it was 5 years ago.
- Affinity Designer – I use this on both my laptop and iPad. It’s fairly low cost and has all the features I need for vector illustration.
- Epidemic Sound – They have a great range of horse noises, poop sounds and various other sound effects.
- Udemy – I’m learning this as I go along, and Udemy provides a lot of great courses that are helping me to understand UE5 and Blender.